Happy Monday. Hope you had a great weekend. I spent all day yesterday at the beach, enjoy the cool breeze, beach waves and avoiding the sun. I had scheduled (or so I thought) this post to be shared yesterday afternoon in honor of National Ice Cream Day (observed July 17). But apparently, when you are blogging in the wee hours of the morning, sometimes you forget what day it is and posts get scheduled for the wrong day.
I know I’ve been away for a month now. No posts. No telegrams. No postcards. No nothing. And I should explain why, but first DONUTS. It’s National Doughnut (Donut) Day. Whoop whoop!
Donuts have quickly replaced my love
obsession for cupcakes. I am all about a good donut now. Add some bacon crumbles and a glaze icing and I’m excited like a kid about to eat cake.
If you want to get in on the celebration and grab a donut, here’s a list of the freebies and specials available today:
- Duck Donuts: Receive a free sugar donut .
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Receive a free donut of your choice with the purchase of any beverage
- Entenmann’s: Teamed up with the Salvation Army and hosting a contest for a chance to win free donuts for a year and other prizes. More info here.
- Honey Dew Donuts: If you’re in Massachusetts, free doughnuts with every purchase.
- Krispy Kreme: Get a free doughnut of your choice
If you’re in DC, starting at 7 am until they are gone, The Salvation Army is giving away more than 6,000 free doughnuts at a few metro stations: Capital South, Foggy Bottom, L’Enfant Plaza, Metro Center and Union Station.
- District Doughnut at Barracks Row, starting at 7 a.m. until they sell out, will donate 10 percent of sales to FIRST Skin Foundation in honor of their General Manager Melissa.
- Fractured Prune, (one of my local faves) freebies vary by location. In Crofton, get a free doughnut of your choice. In Owings Mills, in-store guests get a free OC Sand doughnut.
- Sugar Shack shops in Alexandria and Arlington, buy a doughnut and you’ll get a free Donut4Good card. The card is good for a free doughnut. You’re encouraged to give the card to someone you know who has done a good deed.
- The Treat Shop RVA in Richmond, they’re giving away one free glazed doughnut to every customer all day.
You can find additional specials listed here.
This post contains affiliate links; to find out more information click here.
I made the decision earlier this year to start the process of buying a home for the first time. I’ve always eluded home ownership because I never wanted the responsibilities that come with such a large purchase. But after my property management company recently increase my rent significantly, I decided it was time to take the plunge. Lately I’ve been thinking about my must-haves in a home and also the features of my dream home. The kitchen and bathroom are the two MOST important rooms in my house because that’s where I spend the most time. Why? Because I love to cook and I love to poop. DUH! (more…)
Happy Earth Day. As promised, I told you guys I would remind you about Zoya’s Earth Day Exchange and it’s here. Well actually I’m a little late because it started on Monday, but the good news is the promo is going on until the end of the month. So after today, you still have 8 days to get in on some great polish for a good cause.
Here’s how it works: (more…)
So a couple of weeks ago I mentioned how I was all into this spring cleaning groove and was cleaning everything in-sight. And then I saw this picture. You know a picture that totally inspires you and you instantly desire to recreate it. Have you ever had a picture like that? That was me when I saw this picture on Pinterest. (more…)
Happy Tuesday. Yesterday I spent my entire day sitting at the hospital. My dad had surgery scheduled on his knee in the morning and the surgery took longer than normal, so we just sat and waited and waited. Going into the surgery I was positive about the outcome. But after 3 hours, I started getting a little nervous. When the receptionist said she had no update, that’s when the attitude was about to come out. I’m sitting with my mom and inside my head I’m saying, “Where is my daddy? Someone better get me an update” (attitude and all). Before approaching the receptionist again, I said a little prayer and then calmly walked over to her and asked for a status of how the surgery was going. She made a couple of phone calls and found out the surgery started later than scheduled. And as I was standing there, my dad’s doctor appeared to give my family and update. Things went well and the surgery was successful. Thank you Jehovah! (more…)