Seven years ago I posted a note on Facebook called “25 Random Things About Me”. I recently came across the post and figured it would be a great way to start Day 1 of the Blog-tember Challenge.
Thursday, Sept. 1 (Day 1): Introduce yourself however you like!
I’ve updated the list from 25 years ago, as some things are out of date, but here’s some facts about me.
1. #1 Big Misconception about me is that I am outgoing. Truth be told, I am super shy.
2. I LOVE telling stories about random things that have happened during my day.
3. I love to argue. I probably should have been a lawyer, but I don’t disagree just to start an argument.
4. Music is my therapy, which is why I ALWAYS carry my iPhone (gotta have my Apple music).
5. Shopping is my addiction and I blame my mother for introducing me to it at an early age.
6. I talk really fast when I am nervous and sometimes my hands get clammy.
7. I am addicted to reality shows. Big Brother, Love and Hip Hop, Real Housewives of Whatever City They Are In, Married at First Sight, Shahs of Sunset, Little Women: LA & ATL and the list goes on and on.
8. I prefer text messages to a regular phone conversation. I’m more apt to answer a text before I answer your phone call. Only call if it’s an emergency.
9. I have two first names, but you have to either do formal business with me or know me really well to know both of them.
10. My mother never calls me by both my names. But if she’s mailing me a package, she uses both.
11. I walk around looking mean so strangers won’t talk to me. People have told me I have a resting bitch face. I own it.
12. I only dance after I’ve had several drinks, if I’m alone in my room or if I’m listening to music while cooking.
13. I love watching football and it’s not just to check out the players butts or because I like the color of their uniform. #PatriotsNation
14. Whenever I talk to my parents, my voice automatically changes to a baby voice. I have no control over it, it just happens.
15. I am the super honest friend that will tell you things that you may not always want to hear, but need to hear.
16. I’ve never seen The Roots, The Color Purple or Forest Gump and never plan to.
17. I get along great with most January babies. Something about Aquarians.
18. I have a great group of girlfriends aka The Triangle that I have known for over 20 years and can be totally open and honest with.
19. I love Ross Oscar Knight Wedding Photography and would love to have him capture me on my wedding day.
20. I think the First Couple are really cute together and I love Obama’s chivalry towards his wife.
21. I have great relationships with the important men in my life: my grandfather, my dad and my brother, and I hope that whomever I marry has qualities from all three.
22. I love chicken. I could eat it every day. Three times a day.
23. The older I get, the more emotional I’ve become. And I hate it.
24. I think Ne-Yo is one of the best songwriters ever.
25. When I fall in love with a song, I will listen to it over and over again until I know all the words, kinda like “Stone” by Alessia Cara.
Oh and I love Snapchat filters as you can tell.