As this year is winding down to an end, I would LOVE to say I’ve scheduled time for me to relax and just get some rest. But I haven’t. My life has gotten super busy. If you follow me on Snapchat (FOLLOW me on Snapchat at: YoSoyYayaR), then you know I went to Atlanta for FIVE hours last week. Flew there in the early afternoon and was on a plane back to DC around 10 p.m. Definitely one of the most rushed days of my life, but it was super fun. Having a driver chauffeur me around and riding first class is a life, I could definitely get used to. But in the meantime and in between time, I’m living a regular life, where I am ALL about getting good deals and being saving money.
I love to catch a great sale or get something cheaper than the retail price. And what I love even more is sharing the deals with other people. “I get a deal. You get a deal. Everyone gets a deal,” (in my Oprah voice).
- Groopdealz – My #1 favorite site/email-I-look-forward-to-opening-every-morning is from Groopdealz. Groopdealz is an online deals boutique that sends a daily email offering up to 85% off items like clothing, shoes, jewelry and home decor. My favorite thing to order from Groopdealz is jewelry. You can find a lot of popular costume jewelry for the low, low. I got this necklace in gold and silver from Groopdealz, and every time I wear them, I always get compliments. So sign up for their emails here and get in on the deals. Sign up for their emails here.
2. Raise App – The Raise app is my new fave. It’s an app where you can get gift cards (electronic or physical) for cheaper than their face value. My first time using the app, I was able to use a referral code and get a $5 credit and then a promo code that took $10 off my order. So I ended up spending $3.70 for a $20.00 Starbucks card. #WINNING Next I ended up sharing the deal with enough friends, that I was able to get my next gift card worth $25 for only $3.28. These are legit gift cards that I’ve used at Sephora, Forever 21 and Starbucks. If you want in, use my referral code (areed8) [you get $5 off your first purchase and for referring you I also get $5, so SHARE with your friends. The more people that sign up, the more you both save]. Oh and after you use my link to download the app, use the promo code: BUS10 which will give you another $15 off your order. Promo codes expire after a few days, so get in on the deals NOW!
3. Goldstar – is another site that sends daily/weekly emails with discounts on concerts, sporting and theater events, concerts and other live entertainment. I’ve used Goldstar numerous times to get really good tickets (close to the field), for baseball games. Goldstar offers deals in most major cities, so sign up for their emails here and get some live entertainment.
4. Mercury Magazines – If you love reading the latest magazines each month, then check out Mercury Magazines. Mercury Mags is said to be the source of free business magazines, think “Entrepreneur, Black Enterprise,” etc. But, I have gotten several none free subscriptions for none business magazines as well, Ebony, Essence, Shape, Vogue… Seriously I get so many magazines every month now that most of them end up in a pile unread.
5. Hunt4Freebies – sends out emails daily or several times a day (depending on when you choose to be updated) sharing links on where you can find manufacturer’s coupons, giveaways and contests. Oh and if you have a Kindle or even the Kindle app on your smart phone, each week there is a long list of free eBooks available. I’ve gotten several books this way. I was also able to get the super cool Fiji Water straw/cap combo for free. So sign up for Hunt4Freebies and get your free stuff.
6. Couponaholic – If couponing is your thing, then you NEED TO sign up for the Couponaholic emails. They also send out daily emails listing all kinds of deals from national stores, online, drug store and grocery stores. The great thing about their emails is that if coupons are available, they link you directly to the coupon and break down scenarios on how you can save on particular items. So you can subscribe to their emails here and start clipping coupons.
7. Ebates – Oh and one more for the online shoppers. If you shop online at all and haven’t signed up for Ebates, SHAME ON YOU. Ebates gives you cash back for shopping at most online retailers. So basically you are earning money back for shopping that you already do. I don’t do a lot of online shopping, so I’ve only earned a couple of dollars, but I won’t turn down extra money. Ever. So sign up for Ebates here.
So I don’t even have to ask if you are interesting in savings and deals, because I know you are. Otherwise we couldn’t be friends. But what sites or apps do you use to get good deals or savings? Sharing is caring…