I like bacon just as much as everyone else. Just the smell of bacon gets me excited and my mouth-watering. HOWEVER, I thought the phrase “Bacon Makes Everything Better” couldn’t really apply to EVERYTHING. I WAS WRONG!
A couple of weeks ago, my girl Cherice tagged me in a pic on Instagram about Bacon Chocolate Chip Cookies. I had to admit I was a little intrigued and thought, “I could make those.” A week later, one of my boys mentioned bacon chocolate chip cookies again. I love to bake, so I was down for the challenge.
I decided to whip up a batch of the cookies (hadn’t made homemade cookies in FOREVER). The verdict: everyone loved them.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 8 pieces bacon, cooked to desired crispiness and crumbled (drain on a paper towel after cooking)
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in morsels and bacon.
- Form balls into desired size and place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes, then remove to wire racks or plate to cool completely.
So let me know if you’ve ever had bacon chocolate chip cookies before. If not, would you try them?