A few weeks ago, one of my co-workers made a Blueberry Buckle (a blueberry coffee cake with a crumble topping). I had never had Blueberry Buckle before, but after one bite, I was loving it. Fast forward to last week. I was able to work from home on Thursday due to impending snow (that never arrived). The thought of being snowed in put me in a baking mood. And since I had picked up a box of Baker’s Corner Blueberry Muffin Mix from Aldi weeks prior, I decided to experiment with the mixture and see if I could create my own Blueberry Buckle. Oh and if I haven’t mentioned how much Aldi is bae, I will definitely be sharing my love for Aldi in the future.
After consulting with my mom to figure out how to alter the recipe, I whipped up the batter and made the crumb topping. I baked the batter for about 30 minutes, let it cool down and then cut myself a nice slice BEFORE I remembered to take pictures for the blog. Le sigh! That’s what I get for being greedy, but this recipe turned out really well, so I am sharing it below.
- 1 box of Baker's Choice Wild Blueberry Muffin Mix (or any blueberry muffin mix)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk or half & half
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Crumb Topping
- 1/3 cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Drain blueberries in strainer, rinse and set aside.
- Stir dry mix, milk, vegetable oil and eggs in bowl until well blended
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter in well-greased baking dish.
- To Make Crumb Topping: Combine the sugar, flour, and cinnamon together. Whisk the butter into the dry mixture. Sprinkle over batter before baking.
- I used a 6x9 glass baking dish for my recipe, but if you are using something larger, like a 13x9 dish, I would double your ingredients for the crumb topping. I also added a cup of blueberries because the small can that came in the box just wasn't enough.
This recipe is great to make ahead for breakfast or if you having brunch with friends and want to look fancy. They’ll never guess how easy the recipe is.