When I came across this really great recipe for a corn, tomato, zucchini salad with honey lime vinaigrette dressing, it looked good. I wasn’t sure about the dressing or eating raw corn and zucchini, but the dressing is amazing and the salad is so good. I’m not a fan of eating heavy foods during the summer, so this will be one of my go-to salads for the summer. It’s quick and easy to make.
- 4 medium to large corn on the cob (shucked and rinsed)
- 3 small to medium zucchini, rinsed
- 1 pint pear or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup slivered fresh basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut corn off the cob by placing it upright in a deep bowl and cut down the sides of the cob with a sharp knife.
- Dice zucchini into 1/2-inch pieces (leave skin on) and add to the bowl. Add tomatoes and basil.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, honey and lime juice. Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and toss to combine. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper and Mrs. Dash. Cover the salad with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least one hour (I ate mine immediately because I couldn’t wait. YUMMY). Toss again before serving to re-distribute the dressing.
I made the salad again for my parents over the weekend and it tasted even better than the first time I made it. I swear it was the honey my mom had. I gotta find out where she got it from. This salad is addictive, so you have been warned. LOL