Have you heard of the Day Zero Project? Well Day Zero started out with this challenge of doing 101 things in 1001 days. The originators figured that rather than starting a New Year’s Resolution or a Bucket List and not sticking to it, 1001 days is a better timeframe to actually accomplish goals without too much procrastination setting in.
I LOVE the idea, but let’s be real 1001 days amounts to 2.75 years. 2.75 Really? Can’t we just round up? So I did. But not to 3 years.
As of today, I am 8 months into my 35th birthday. So in a little more than 4 years, I will be 40 (Eek!). That means I have 1,614 days or 230 weeks and 4 days until my 40th birthday. Instead of just coming up with 101 goals, I decided to try to come up with at least 140. Then after writing them all down and counting those up I ended up with 161 goals.
So here is my countdown to 40. My Not So 101 in 1,001 Days. My 161 in 1,614 Days.
Start Date: August 27, 2015
End Date: January 27, 2020
1. Get stamps in my very unstamped passport
2. London, England
3. Paris, France
4. Havana, Cuba
5. Take a family vacation
6. Go camping in New England (Maine preferably)
7. Rome and Venice, Italy
8. Santa Monica
9. San Diego
11. Costa Rica
12. Amalfi Coast
13. Wine tasting in Napa Valley
16. 3 States I’ve Never Been to (I’ve been to 28 so far)
17. Road trip across the country
18. Attend a New England Patriots at Gillette Stadium
19. Visit the Patriots training camp
20. Go to an NHL game
21. Learn how to play golf
22. Go see a Broadway show in NYC
23. Sing karaoke in a bar (just once)
24. Fly in a private plane
25. Join the mile high club #dontjudgeme
26. Ride on an elephant
27. Take a selfie with a giraffe.
28. Participate in a flash mob.
29. Take horseback riding lessons.
30. Learn calligraphy.
31. Tour a winery
32. Tour a brewery.
33. Try a lobster roll. (I usually like my lobster sans bread)
34. Get over my fear of the way injera looks and try it.
35. Make authentic paella.
36. Make homemade pasta
37. Create the perfect salted caramel cheesecake.
38. Create another cookbook with my mom.
39. Drink more champagne/mimosas.
40. Make my own pho.
41. Make homemade oreos.
42. Create a spicy summer roll.
43. Learn to eat with chopsticks.
44. Learn how to properly cook and flip an omelet.
45. Create my list of Top 10 Meal Prep Recipes
46. Attend the Kentucky Derby.
47. Go to the Texas and New York State Fairs
48.Host a brunch for my friends
49. Plan a 40th Anniversary party for my parents.
50. Host a bloggers’ brunch. Who doesn’t love champagne? I mean mimosas.
51. Host/plan an event for entrepreneurs
52. Host a tea party
53. Host a beer tasting
54. Attend my 20 year High School Reunion
55. Lose 25 pounds by March 27, 2016
56.Consistently going to the gym 3-4 days a week for two weeks and then continuing that in the weeks and months to follow.
57. Run a mile without any walking and then
58. Run without walking a 5K and then
59. Train for a half-marathon
60. Complete a half-marathon (eek!! Sounds scary just saying it.)
61. Try SoulCycle when it opens 3 blocks from my job
62. Learn how to swim
63. Drink at least 1/2 gallon of water a day.
64. Don’t eat chocolate for a week. (makes me sad just thinking about it)
65. Do a split (working on it)
66. Build up to a 3-minute plank. (I was going to say 5 mins, but who wants to plank for that long?)
67. Purchase a fitness band
68. No eating out for 2 weeks straight
69. Write a letter to myself in 10 years.
70. Send thinking of you cards to friends I’ve lost touch with
71. Learn how to swim
72. Map out my family tree with my grandfather
73. Create a 72-hour kit.
74. Get to an intermediate level with my Spanish.
75. Keep my room clean for a month
76. Complete my bachelor’s degree
77. Graduate with at least a 3.60 GPA
78. Be in a loving & satisfying relationship
79. Get married
80. Treat myself to a flower delivery once a month for year
81. Complete my tattoo project. (sorry mom)
82. Learn how to cornrow
83. Make a list of 100 things I am grateful for.
84. Photo shoot after I’ve reached goal #55
85. Volunteer at a domestic violence center.
86. Write a letter to myself to be opened on my 40th birthday.
87. Find the perfect pink lipstick.
88. Spend one day without any electronics
89. Come up with a consistency plan and then…
90. Stick to the plan and blog consistently for three months.
91. Build a relationship with my favorite hotel brand.
92. Inspire someone else to make their own 101 in 1001 Days list or before I turn 40 list.
93. Attend a few bloggers conferences.
94. Increase blog traffic to 500 page views/day (almost there).
95. Increase blog traffic to 1000 page views/day.
96. Increase blog traffic to 2000 page views/day.
97. Have a new blog template designed
98. Design blog business cards.
99. Have a custom blog template created for me.
100. Update my About Me page.
101. Develop a plan for blog consistency and regular blog post themes.
102. Make a list of 100 things that make me happy.
103. Collaborate with my some of my favorite brands and have sponsored posts.
104. Create my own social link up.
105. Hire a business coach.
106. Host a giveaway.
107. Read the entire bible
108. Develop and stick to a personal study program
109. Pray every day.
110. Increase my time in the ministry.
111. Preach in Costa Rica.
112. Study the bible with someone.
113. Learn the words to the new Kingdom Melodies and not sing the songs the old way.
114. Nightime witnessing.
115. Complete my emergency kit.
116. Write a creative business plan.
117. Design a brand template.
118. Obtain a PO Box for business.
119. Start working on the longer, more complicated business plan
120. Design new website.
121. Launch online store.
122. Get at least 100 email subscriptions before product launch.
123. Buy a new camera for products shots and blogging.
124. Secure an airport distribution deal.
125. Purchase/Subscribe to the Adobe Creative Suite.
126. Create a network for entrepreneurs.
127. Hire a marketing expert.
128. Learn the basics of coding
129. Create my own planner.
130. Get a major investor in the lifestyle brand.
131. Refrain from shopping for one month (grocery shopping doesn’t count)
132. And once my shopping fast is over, buy a new Louis Vuitton purse.
133. Buy my mom a Louis Vuitton purse.
134. Buy a new glass top desk.
135. Furniture for my living room
136. Buy a house
137. Subscribe to 2 monthly beauty boxes
138. Invest in a Chanel tote
139. Re-decorate my home office
140. A new truck.
141. The perfect pair of travel shoes
142. The perfect travel tote (Have I shared with you guys my quest for #9 & #10? UGH)
143. New running shoes
144. New shoes just for the gym
145. A complete set of luggage
146. Pay off both my credit cards.
147. Complete the 52 Week Money Challenge.
148. Buy stock in some of my favorite companies.
149. Create multiple streams of income.
150. Have a consistent flow of income from my blog.
151. Earn $500/month from HS (new business)
152. Earn $1000/month from HS
153. Earn $2,000/month from HS
154. Re-save at least 6 months of expenses for an Emergency Fund.
155. Get my credit score to 700+
156. Lower my cell phone bill
157. Pay for car insurance in full for a year.
158. Increase the amount I contribute to my 401K.
159. Start an IRA.
160. Start a travel savings account.
161. Create a budget and stick to it
Goal I am anticipating #139. Re-decorating my home office. It’s where all the magic will happen. Designs. Creativity. Chaos. Fun. Oh and of course WINE!
Most nervous about #121 – Launching my new shop. It’s my baby.
Unsure I can achieve #19. The road trip across country. Takes lots of planning. But I really wanted to say #153. Earning $2,000/month from the new business, but I won’t be pessimistic like that.
Really anticipating #111. Preaching in Costa Rica. It’s just a goal. Haven’t planned it. But Costa Rica, utilizing my Spanish for at least a month sounds amazing.
So have you made a 101 in 1001 days list? If not, try making one.