“It’s been a long time, I shouldn’t have left you
Without a dope beat to step to, step to, step to”
LOL seriously though, I never meant to stay away from the blog as long as I have. Things have gotten a little busy in the past couple weeks. I’ve been working on my relationship…with the gym. In the past I’ve had a serious hate/hate relationship with it. But I’ve made friends with the treadmill and the bike (I seriously HATED the bike). Now I’m just trying to develop a relationship with the elliptical. I also started working a temp job and its been busy. And every Friday is cookie day. The good thing is that they have a gym in the building, so when I get off, I can go right downstairs and workout. WINNING!
Last night I was browsing one of my favorite sites: PINTEREST and ran across this pin – 50 Healthy Habits Every Girl Should Have and I had to share.
1. Start fresh every day
Sometimes this is easier said than done, but I’ve learned that prayer works
2. Check your credit card statements, bank accounts and pay stubs regularly
3. Adopt a
“meatless Monday” mentality
Okay as a meatlover, I can’t even co-sign this. LOL every once in a while I might incorporate a meatless meal, but I
can’t WON’T go the whole day without me. If you can, you are better than me. I’ll give it that!
4. Put down your phone when you’re out with people
I’ll admit this is a hard one for me. But I know whenever I’m out with S.O.S., I get mad if he’s always on the phone, so I’m trying to apply the golden rule here.
5. Try the 2/30 rule: 2 hours of TV, 30 minutes of exercise – I love this idea
6. Understand that exercise doesn’t have to be a big time commitment – TRUE
7. Cut back on (evil) sugar
Who says sugar is evil? Sweet and sugary. We’re like best friends.
8. Drink warm water with lemon and cayenne pepper daily
I need to research the benefits of this. Anyone know?
9. Don’t try to keep up with the Joneses, you’ll lose
Look in the mirror. The only competition is yourself.
10. Use a retinol if you’re starting to get wrinkles
Black don’t crack, so I’m good here LOL
11. Ask HR about benefits you’re probably not using
12. Practice safe sex, always
13. NEVER grocery shop on an empty stomach – Like NEVER
14. Start biking (even if it’s a little)
Wonder if the bike at the gym counts?
15. Keep healthy snacks at home and at work
This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO important for me. Meal planning is key to eating healthy and so is snack planning. As a huge snacker, I’m constantly packing snacks and throwing them in my purse, so I don’t grab candy or chips.
16. Stop beating yourself up
17. Don’t do drugs. It’s that simple.
18. Likewise, Stop smoking
19. Take care of your clothing
20. Eat whole foods as much as possible
Whole foods = unprocessed and unrefined. Check out a whole foods shopping list here and another great article here.
21. Consolidate and pay off debt ASAP
22. Don’t skip your yearly gyno appointment
23. Don’t overdo the booze
24. Don’t snack if you’re not hungry
25. Use SPF, and wear a hat in the sun
26. Don’t rely on pills if you can’t sleep
27. Drink at least 8 ounces of fluids a day
28. Make your home a place you want to be
Super important. I recently had a conversation with a friend who was complaining about how negative her man was. It’s one thing to deal with negativity out in the world. But when you have to come home to it O_O – NO BUENO. Your home should be your haven, your sanctuary and most relaxing place. If it’s not, you should definitely make some changes.
29. Don’t buy things you know you’ll only wear once
30. Use YouTube for free exercise videos
31. Google “how to make your own cleaning supplies”
32. Drop loose change into the same jar daily
I’m trying to do this more and more because I have a cute piggy bank that just sits in my room getting no attention. Not to mention the change really adds up.
33. Stand up for yourself
34. Avoid tanning beds like the plague
Thankfully I was born with my tan. Lucky me!
35. Take medication seriously – ummmm
36. Listen to your body – enough said
37. Don’t skimp on sleep
38. Do mental health checks
39. Read labels on everything from food to makeup
40. Prioritize stress management
Wine and massages are my remedy #dontjudgeme
41. Optimize your fertility, if you plan on kids
42. Consider drink liquid chlorophyll
YES!!!!!!! I remember when my mom first told me to take chlorophyll, my response was “Mom, are you trying to kill me?” LOL I was definitely thinking about chloroform. But last time I visited my mom she sent me home with a bottle of chlorophyll. If you are worried about taste (like I usually am with “healthy liquids), the one I have is minty, so know worries there. Read more on the health benefits here and here.
43. Always wear a seatbelt, even in a taxi
44. Wash your hands often
45. Floss after every brushing – JUST FLOSS
46. Sneeze into your arm, not your palm
47. For every 20 minutes on a computer, look away for 20 seconds
48. Count to 10 when you’re angry
49. Learn to take constructive criticism
50. Never let Google diagnose you
I’m guilty of this. I do this ALL the time.
The original pin without my added commentary can be found here.