Last Sunday on Snapchat, I shared with my followers my prep for Honey Garlic Butter Salmon. I’ve received a couple of request for the recipe, so I’m sharing it below. It’s super easy and super tasty. Hope you enjoy.
- ¼ cup butter
- ⅓ cup honey
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of ½ a lemon)
- 1 1/2 pounds of salmon
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cracked pepper, to taste (optional)
- Lemon slices (to serve)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a baking sheet with a large piece of foil, big enough to fold over and seal to create a packet or 2 long pieces of foil overlapping each other to create your a packet, for your fish.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat.
- Add the honey, garlic and lemon, and whisk until the honey has melted through the butter and the mixture is well combined.
- Place the salmon onto lined baking sheet.
- Pour the butter/honey mixture over the salmon, and using a pastry brush or spoon, spread evenly over the salmon.
- Sprinkle fish with a good amount of salt and cracked pepper.
- Fold the foil over the salmon to cover and completely seal the packet closed so the butter doesn’t leak.
- Bake until cooked through (about 13-16 minutes, depending on the thickness of your fish and your preference of doneness).
- Optional: Open the foil, being careful of any escaping steam, and grill/ broil under the grill/broiler for 2-3 minutes on medium heat to caramelize the top.
I’m sorry I was so eager to eat the salmon that I forgot to caramelize it AND I forgot to take a picture of the final product, but I promise it was super tasty.
What’s your favorite way to cook salmon?