This post contains affiliate links; to find out more information click here.
I made the decision earlier this year to start the process of buying a home for the first time. I’ve always eluded home ownership because I never wanted the responsibilities that come with such a large purchase. But after my property management company recently increase my rent significantly, I decided it was time to take the plunge. Lately I’ve been thinking about my must-haves in a home and also the features of my dream home. The kitchen and bathroom are the two MOST important rooms in my house because that’s where I spend the most time. Why? Because I love to cook and I love to poop. DUH!
My dream kitchen includes a wine bar and a nice big aisle for entertaining.
I also need a BlueStar range stove; BlueStar has so many great gas ranges to choose from. If you don’t know about BlueStar, you can check out all their restaurant quality products here. You gotta be serious about your cooking if you are investing in a Blue Star product.
I feel like you do a lot more entertaining in your home during your thirties, so there are certain essentials that you need to have in your kitchen. Here’s my list of the kitchen essentials for a thirty-something.
1. There will be wine. So an Electric Wine Bottle Opener is a must.
2. Having a coffee maker is essential; even if you do not drink coffee, chances are you will have a house guest who does. I love the Keurig Brewing System because not only does it allow you to brew a single cup, but also you can brew coffee in a 4-cup carafe. If you live alone and rarely have guests, this Keurig is perfect.
3. If you’re into smoothies then the NutriBullet is a good investment; it makes your life so much easier. If you’re making drinks for more than just yourself, the Ninja Blender would be the way to go. It’s also good for dips, sauces, etc.
4. Dutch Ovens are perfect for one-pot meals whether it’s lasagna, stew or pasta sauce.
5. Hand Mixers are great for whipping eggs, cream and even potatoes. Mmm whipped potatoes.
6. Every house needs to own a Toaster Oven. How else do you properly warm up pizza and wings and make sure they are still crispy? Side-eyes to everyone who answered that question with “microwave”, as your answer.
7. The first time I was introduced to a Garlic Press/ Mincer/ Crusher, it changed my life. Before having a garlic press, I would actually cut up garlic cloves individually. WHY? And if you aren’t cooking with garlic…why not?
8. Crock Pots save lives. Crock pots save time. Crock pots are amazing. Seriously, if you don’t already own a crock pot, you need to get one. The recipes for a crock pot are endless and it saves you so much time and cleanup.
9. A Jumbo Wok is great for mixing up a quick stir-fry.
10. Nesting mixing bowls are great for cooking. This set is nice because not only can you cover the bowl with a lid and use your hand mixer, but it also comes with 3 grater attachments. So you can grate your ingredients right into the bowl. No mess! These silicon bowl Flex-it Measuring Cups are also helpful to avoid making a mess with liquids. Cookie Sheets are also a must-have.
11. A cast iron skillet is essential to making the perfect steak, but they are also good for cornbread, deep dish pizza and cookies. You know those nice and hot, chocolate chip cookies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. Mmmm hmm. Get yourself a cast iron skillets!
So do you have any kitchen essentials? What are they?
This post is not sponsored content and I am in no way being compensated. As previously mentioned, Randomly Yaya is a participant in the Amazon Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program, which means if you happen to buy a product, a small portion – at no extra cost to you – goes to support this blog. Thanks for your support!