I know I’ve been away for a month now. No posts. No telegrams. No postcards. No nothing. And I should explain why, but first DONUTS. It’s National Doughnut (Donut) Day. Whoop whoop!
Donuts have quickly replaced my love
obsession for cupcakes. I am all about a good donut now. Add some bacon crumbles and a glaze icing and I’m excited like a kid about to eat cake.
If you want to get in on the celebration and grab a donut, here’s a list of the freebies and specials available today:
- Duck Donuts: Receive a free sugar donut .
- Dunkin’ Donuts: Receive a free donut of your choice with the purchase of any beverage
- Entenmann’s: Teamed up with the Salvation Army and hosting a contest for a chance to win free donuts for a year and other prizes. More info here.
- Honey Dew Donuts: If you’re in Massachusetts, free doughnuts with every purchase.
- Krispy Kreme: Get a free doughnut of your choice
If you’re in DC, starting at 7 am until they are gone, The Salvation Army is giving away more than 6,000 free doughnuts at a few metro stations: Capital South, Foggy Bottom, L’Enfant Plaza, Metro Center and Union Station.
- District Doughnut at Barracks Row, starting at 7 a.m. until they sell out, will donate 10 percent of sales to FIRST Skin Foundation in honor of their General Manager Melissa.
- Fractured Prune, (one of my local faves) freebies vary by location. In Crofton, get a free doughnut of your choice. In Owings Mills, in-store guests get a free OC Sand doughnut.
- Sugar Shack shops in Alexandria and Arlington, buy a doughnut and you’ll get a free Donut4Good card. The card is good for a free doughnut. You’re encouraged to give the card to someone you know who has done a good deed.
- The Treat Shop RVA in Richmond, they’re giving away one free glazed doughnut to every customer all day.
You can find additional specials listed here.