Guess what today is? National Oreo Cookie Day. Although I won’t be celebrating with a pack of Oreos today, I am sharing this Oreo Brownie Trifle recipe I made a couple of months ago for my family. It’s super easy and won’t last long once you put it out.
- 1 box of brownie mix
- Ingredients to make the brownies (eggs, water and oil)
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup of Butter, softened
- 3 cups milk
- 2 small boxes of instant fudge chocolate pudding
- 12 oz tub Cool Whip
- 1 pkg of OREOs, crushed (save a couple whole ones for garnish)
- 8 oz tub Cool Whip
- Prepare and bake Brownies as instructed on box and then set the brownies aside and let them cool.
- Crush the package of Oreos and save a couple if you want to use them as garnish on top.
- Blend together cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until creamy.
- In a separate bowl, prepare the pudding as directed on the box.
- Add pudding to cream cheese mixture, then fold in 12 oz tub of Cool Whip.
- Cut up the brownies into bite-size squares.
- Begin layering the trifle: a layer of brownies, 1/2 of the pudding mixture, crushed Oreos, then a layer of Cool Whip (about half the 8 oz tub).
- Repeat the layers again - brownies, pudding mixture, crushed Oreos and cool whip.
- The top layer will be the last of the Cool Whip. Sprinkle with some OREO crumbs. (I added small snickers on top of mine as well, but you can add a couple whole Oreos, if you would like.
- Refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
I hope your family enjoyed this recipe as much as mine did. Make sure you come back tomorrow when I’ll be sharing all of my favorite Oreo-based desserts.
Find Me Here: