The months of cold air and harsh weather is finally over. Spring is here and summer isn’t too far off. This is a great time to revamp your skincare and beauty routine. Exfoliation is key to removing all the dead skin left behind from winter. Most people don’t think they need as much sun protection during the spring, so they skip it. But the days are longer, so this is actually the prime to apply sunscreen.
Here’s are 4 ways to transition your skin care routine from winter to spring.
Spring is also a great time to go through all your makeup and skin care products and toss out anything that you aren’t using or that is outdated. Old and outdated products can harbor bacteria and lose their effectiveness.
Make sure you check the dates on your products. You may want to throw away the following:
- Anything past the expiration date
- Products that appear dry or crusty
- Anything that has changed consistency, color, or smell
- Anything with an SPF older than one year (SPF loses its effectiveness over time)
- Mascara older than three months. (Always toss it after three months, regardless of how much there is remaining.)
- Old and dirty make-up brushes and sponges
Follow Me Here: