I am a huge meat lover, but lately I’ve been making a lot of vegetarian meals (get that shocked look off your face). I had a bunch of leftover zucchini in the fridge and was looking for a new recipe to try. I found this recipe for Zucchini Tots from Skinny Taste and decided to try it. I ended up altering the recipe a little bit, but this recipe was amazing. It was super tasty and very flavorful.
- 1 1/2-2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 2 large egg
- 1/4 medium onion, diced
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- garlic salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400°. Make sure you spray your muffin tin with cooking spray so that the tots do not stick to the pan.
- Grate the zucchini into a clean dish towel or paper towel. Wring all of the excess water out of the zucchini. In a medium bowl, combine all of the ingredients and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop batter into each muffin section and fill it to the top. Push down the filling with your spoon so it’s compacted and doesn’t fall apart when you take them out of the tin.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the tops are golden.
- Use a spoon or rubber spatula around the edges of each tot to remove them from the muffin tin.
I’ve been eating a couple of these for breakfast or for my mid-morning snack. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!